Welcome on the Janus Website
Janus is an open-source multi-agent platform fully implemented in Java 1.6. Janus enables developers to quickly create web, enterprise and desktop multiagent-based applications. It provides a comprehensive set of features to develop, run, display and monitor multiagent-based applications. Janus-based applications can be distributed across a network. Janus could be used as an agent-oriented platform, an organizational platform, and/or an holonic platform. Indeed Janus is built upon the CRIO organizational metamodel in which the concepts of role and organization are first-class entities. It also natively manages the concept of recursive agents and holons.
Janus is free for non-commercial use and distributed under the terms of the GPLv3.
Janus is jointly developed by the multiagent teams of the Laboratoire Systèmes et Transports and the Grupo de Investigación en Tecnologías Informáticas Avanzadas de Tucumán.
- Software Companies
The Janus Team is fully at your disposal to help you accomplish your project.
Janus demo set offers a good support for your laboratory works and applying the multiagent concepts introduced in your lessons. Janus also offers a robust set of tools to help your students develop their academic skills.
Janus v2.0 and SARL
A new version of Janus is now available at www.janusproject.io.
Janus was entirely rewritten to support the execution of the new agent-oriented programming language SARL. It is easier and faster.
Please visit www.sarl.io for additional information.
Janus Key Principles
The software-engineering principles adopted for developing Janus
- Separation of concerns
- Incremental Design and Development
- DRY - Code Reuse
- Design Patterns
- Complex systems (Recursivity/Multi-level)
- Anticipation of change
- General Information
- Development with Janus
- 2013-10-24Janus 1.0 is released, changes.
- 2013-07-02Configuration is now available for Eclipse Kepler.
- 2013-05-30Janus source code is now on BitBucket.org.
- 2013-05-24Janus 0.6 is released, changes.
- 2013-03-26New laboratory works are available on the page dedicated to the teaching documents.
- 2012-08-24Tutorials are completed according to release 0.5.
- 2012-08-15Janus 0.5 is released. New development version is 1.0-SNAPSHOT.
- 2012-05-30The official release of version 0.5 is delayed until July, the 15th, due to problems with the network API of Janus from the now-dead project JXTA.
- 2012-04-30Internet service is up again after 5 days of broken service.
- 2012-02-17Specifications of the Janus Metamodel are published.
- 2012-01-31Roadmap of Janus is public.
- 2011-10-30Preference file for Eclipse Indigo IDE (Conventions)
- 2011-10-05Updated FAQ
- 2011-09-28New page dedicated to teaching activities. You're welcome to contribute.
- 2011-03-03Release of Janus 0.4: download, changes.
- 2011-02-15Janus is distributed under the GPLv3 license.